Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ALL GOOD THINGS

All Good Things was a little long and drawn out, so I can see why it wasn't to popular in the theaters.  Like I have said in the past, I'm not a big fan of movies based on true stories because you don't really know what actually happened and what is embellished - which is exactly what I couldn't tell about this movie.  It seemed to me that a lot of the story was sensationalized to make up for an otherwise anti climatic plot.  Ryan Gosling did a good job playing a guy who never really recovered from witnessing something horrible as a child. This, plus other "stressers" like his relationship with his father, most likely contributed to his mental instability later in life.  He was very haunting in this movie and it freaked me out a little bit.  Kirsten Dunst was convincing as a naive girl that got in-too-deep with a guy that she really didn't know very well.  This movie was okay, but I wouldn't rush right out to rent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment