Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yet Again, Kevin Costner Playing A Drunk Idiot

I've been going through my DVD collection and found a movie I hadn't seen in a while, The Upside Of Anger.  In this movie Joan Allen plays a woman who thinks her husband has left her and disappeared with his secretary.  She starts going through a breakdown of sorts, during which she also has to be a mother to her 4 strong-willed daughters while being pursued by a retired baseball player who spends his days drinking and doing little else (Costner's character). There's a plot twist at the end that you won't see coming that changes the whole mood of the movie.

I love Joan's character in this movie because she lets her grief poor out of her and says whatever she's thinking regardless of whether it's appropriate or not. The four daughters are played by Alicia Witt, Erika Christensen, Keri Russell and Evan Rachel Wood, who all do a great job.  Their characters are all trying to deal with the crap that their mother puts them through during her breakdown while trying to manage and live their own separate lives.

I liked this movie and I'm sure you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment